Crock Pot Recipes
Basic Pulled Chicken
- 3 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 TBS powdered chicken stock -or- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 TBS of any salt except cheap iodized salt. Use Kosher salt, Himlayan salt, Hawaiian sea salt, Black Sea salt, as long as it has a mineral content beyond NaCl, you’re good.
- 3 TBS butter
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot in order.
- Put the lid on.
- Set on medium for 5 hours or high for 2 hours or until the meat falls apart.
- Take a mixer and mix the meat and juices up until you have no large pieces, just chickeny-like threads.
- Add to your favourite salads or other dishes.
Chicken & Pineapple
2# chicken thighs de-skinned
1 C GF teriaki sauce
½ C GF soy sauce
1 can large pineapple pieces, drained
Combine all ingredients in your crock pot and cook on low for 5 hours, or high for about 2. Serve with pea pods and steamed rice from your rice pot.
Meat Loaf Miracles
Spicy Bacon Weave Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Andoullie sausage
- 1 small onion chipped very fine
- 1 cup oats or breadcrumbs (Gluten Free)
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- Mix together everything but the bacon. I like to use my Kitchen Aid to combine it, but you can just mix it all up in a big bowl.
- Make up a bacon weave.
- Place your shaped meatloaf on a raised baking pan like a broiler pan so the drippings can fall away.
- Drape your weave over your meat loaf and tuck in the edges.
- Bake at 350 for about 2 hours. The lower temperature ensures a full bake but not burned or extra crispy bacon. When you insert a meat thermometer, it should come out at 180-190 F.