So it’s time again to make sure all the cupboards get cleaned out, the freezer is emptied, and general spring cleaning to begin. So, it’s odds and ends time.
Last night’s stew was an odds and ends deal.
- 1# ground lamb
- 1 end knob of butter
- last few splashes each of port, sake, vermouth, and plum wine (should equal about 2-3 cups of liquid)
- 5 tiny last potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 small mostly paper onions chopped coarsly
- 7 small carrots with the bad bits chopped off
- 2 beef cubes
- 1 chicken cube
- the last dregs of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- about a scant cup of potato flakes
- Slowly cook meat in butter and booze
- add chopped veg as you chop it
- add beef and chicken cubes
- stir and bake at 350F for about an hour
- remove and add water and potato flakes, stir it good
- back in the oven for another 10 mn or so
- remove and stir it
- let it stand for about 10mn.
- stir and serve with odds and ends bread